18 November 2009

Wall Street Journal

Having been a financial roller coaster for the past few years, Las Vegas has become one of the major objects of interest for the Wall Street Journal. It's unfortunate that Sin City keeps sinking deeper in economic turmoil, but fortunate for me because I get to provide the visual interpretation for the Wall Street Journal's articles.

Yesterday I was taking photographs of the property on the Strip where Harley Davidson Cafe, Hawaiian Market Place and Travelodge are located. One of my images appeared in today's issue of the Wall Street Journal under the "Heartbreak Hotel: Vegas Dream Crashes" story.

I never know the context of the article except a few facts and names of the people/places I need to photograph so it's always interesting to see which of my images gets to be the one. For this particular story, I don't think there could have been a better match between the verbal and visual part.

Click on the image below to see the large version of the tear sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment