25 February 2010

Happily Ever After

A few weeks ago, when I was participating in the Art & Wine Walk art show at Stirling Club, I was approached by club's special events director Sharon, who asked me if I'd be interested in photographing her stepson Corey's wedding. Although I don't really photograph weddings on a constant basis I couldn't miss the opportunity to document the excitement and happiness of such an important day.

The wedding took place at St. Joseph Husband of Mary Church located close to the Strip and next to the prestigious residential neighborhoods Canyon Gate Ranch and The Lakes. I checked out the church day before the big event to get a sense of place and see what the lighting might be and was really taken away by a subtle beauty and peacefulness of its inner courtyard architecture which seemed to be influenced by Spanish motifs. Inside the church was defined by prominent stained glass windows beautifully scattering the rays of light across the abstract shaped interior.




While for the beautiful bride Jaime the wedding day started with a trip to Cristophe Salon at MGM, my work day began when she and her friend Andrea were back at their Palms Place suite. There I took a few portraits of Jaime as well as some images of her stunning Vera Wang dress, exquisite Manolo Blahnik shoes and of course bride and groom's gorgeous wedding bands.










Corey and Jaime decided to have their formal pictures taken before the ceremony so I had a little less than an hour to take all kinds of photographs of the happy couple by themselves and with their relatives as well as some candid images of the guests.














Being originally from Orthodox Russia, I've never seen the traditional Roman Catholic wedding ceremony before so it was definitely a wonderful experience to witness all the stages of the Mass which was very spiritual and full of beauty.




















Reception took place in the North Lounge of the Stirling Club and was full of laughs, joy and happiness. Although I was just a professional photographer at Corey and Jamie's wedding I had so much fun photographing them that it didn't feel like a job at all. I guess that's what matters most at the end of the day...






No comments:

Post a Comment