16 May 2010

Alternative Take On Sushi

If one day you get really hungry at work and there's still a few hours left till lunch break there's a great alternative to chewing on your pen or eating paper. Play around with whatever is on your desk and let your subconscious mind fuel your creativity. Not only will time fly by pretty fast but you also might found out what to order for lunch. In my case it was salmon sushi :)




One of my main goals was to put together the whole image in camera and use Photoshop primarily for brightness/contrast adjustments and slight color tweaking. The most challenging were push-pins which I had to glue together in order to create a rice layer for my sushi. I thought orangey - pink eraser and silver pen/pencil would be ideal for salmon and chopsticks. I cut out the flowers in the background from paper and folded them in a cherry blossoms shape. And not to keep you in suspense, the Japanese signs on the sushi plate translate as "creativity".

No comments:

Post a Comment